Monday, May 2, 2016

Making Math Meaningful for Young Children

Engaging in professional, reflective writing is one of the most enjoyable things for me. I love to read current research, apply my new understandings to my practice, and then reflect upon what has happened through scholarly writing. Telling stories of the successes we've had in our classroom inspires me to dig deeper and become an even better educator for the children in my care. Connecting with other educators is incredibly rewarding for me! My recent paper "Making Math Meaningful for Young Children" reflects on how we can cultivate rich, playful environments that promote confidence and interest in math for young children. It can be found in Teaching Young Children 8(1) and is available as a PDF. Feedback always appreciated and welcomed - you can connect with me at deannapecaskimclennan@yahoo.ca or @McLennan1977.


The only way to do great work is to love what you do.

If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.

As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it.
                                                                                                      -Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...